Kristin

My photo
Rhode Island, United States

Saturday, June 13, 2009

A happy Saturday

Good morning!

This day has been a wonderful day so far, even though it isn't even 8am yet!

I just got news that Nick and his parents crossed the border and he is on his way to visit me. 
What could be better than that? =) 

Last night my Mom and I watched Bridewars, which was a bit ridiculous, but cute, ate our Chocolate Underground "dessert" Stonyfield Yogurts and hung out for a while. It was a nice night! 

I skype chatted with Nick, said goodnight and attempted to get a good night's sleep. 
Umm... note the "attempted". I couldn't fall asleep, then when I finally did, I woke up at 5:00! 
I think you can assume this is NOT the time I had wanted to wake up =( 

Sooo I tossed and turned for another two hours, finally getting out of bed at 7 and (still a bit painfully) heading into the kitchen to make myself a healthy yogurt breakfast. 

The usual greek yogurt bowl; 0% chobani, banana, blueberries, slivered almonds and (again) the last strawberry. 

Along with some ice wine tea (need to go back to Canada and get more soon!) it was just enough to keep me fueled for the morning.

I have a busy day today, hence my morning post- I won't be able to post the rest of the day until later!

Today is another "exception" from my Green & Healthy plan... as is the rest of the weekend. 
But, seeing as this is not a diet, only a "get back to healthy" plan... I don't think of this as a problem. Because, after all, this is a jump start. This weekend will test my ability to eat healthy and indulge sensibly in challenging situations. 

My mom and I are starting the day off with some exercise, then heading out for lunch at one of our favorites, The Picnic Basket, and then up to Trader Joe's for some fun foodie shopping time, and then back home to get ready for my Aunt's RIPA dinner. It is her dinner because she has been President for the last year! Congratulations, Aunty Linda! And we get a really nice dinner out of it, so I'm excited for one of my alltime favorite indulgent dishes... you'll see later! 

And then... Nick comes to visit! He may not be here until late, so I'll be up late again tonight, but it's worth it!

So that is my crazy day! I'll post again when I can! Have a wonderful Saturday, and weekend!!

No comments: