Kristin

My photo
Rhode Island, United States

Friday, June 5, 2009

Treats with Mom

Evening all! 
I am STUFFED to the gills with good old fashioned relaxation food- pizza and ice cream! 

But more on that in a minute. 

My mom and I had a great day! The gym was packed when we got there, but we still managed to grab a couple of cardio machines. I did 35 minutes on the elliptical, then headed over to the weight area to do about 35 minutes of upper body strength with my mom. 

After the gym I had a couple of snacks to hold me the morning while we shopped. 4 raincoast crisps, and an apple. 

I love these crackers!! 

I made out really well on camp clothes at Old Navy- 3 whole outfits for $80! We were hungry after all that shopping, so we headed across the parking lot for some Extreme Pita! I had the grilled chicken pita, with lettuce, tomato, grilled onions, peppers and mushrooms, hummus and banana peppers. 

I meant to take a pic of the inside, but I devoured this before I could snap!! Whoops! 

I got a little hungry later in the afternoon, so I grabbed a string cheese 

and a few Werthers for my sweet tooth, on the go before a couple more errands! 

After errands and grabbing some fresh produce, we headed home to put away groceries and order pizza! 

We settled on my alltime favorite pie, the Athenian pizza from Boston Neck pizza. Thick, doughy crust with a juicy layer of sweet sauce, salty feta, hunks of garlic, fresh tomatoes and bright green spinach. 

Mmmm.... 
Of course I needed a little more color with my meal. 

I may or may not have gone for another slice. (Leaning towards may...) 

And because it was raining, we needed to go for an ice cream run! Because I firmly believe ice cream is SO much better in the rain! We had four people waiting on us, and we got extra big scoops. See? So much better ;) 

I actually got frozen yogurt; half raspberry and half mocha chip. It was divine! 

Phew. As I mentioned, I am one stuffed girl. Time to throw on the boy's sweatpants and read in bed. 

G'night!

No comments: