My photo
Rhode Island, United States

Wednesday, June 17, 2009


Good evening bloggies! 

I had a nice second-to-last day at work; it wasn't easy- in fact, it was one of the hardest days at work I can remember in a long time! It was truck day, which means unloading ALL of the new stock that comes in... and today we had twice as much (if not more!) than we usually do! Talk about crazy! It took me three hours to get the skincare isle done. Three hours! And another three to do the stationary isle. So why was work so good? 
I was busy. 
I HATE standing around and doing nothing!!! I like to be productive with my time, so having something to do my entire shift was nice. 

Not to mention the fact that I started my day off in the best way possible- with a glorious 3-mile run... at 5:45 in the morning!  
I knew I was meeting Danielle after work, so I decided to get my exercise in early and avoid that afternoon slump where I was likely to skip exercising and opt for dinner and a book instead. 

Before I ran I had a few dried figs- I know, in theory eating figs before a run probably doesn't sound like the greatest idea, at least for my digestive system. But in reality, they were the perfect pre-run fuel. I don't normally like to have a lot of fiber before I run, but the fiber kept me full over fat that would have surely upset my stomach, and the carbo content was high. So it worked!

When I got back I showered and made myself the perfect breakfast- an (almost) Green Monster! 

I am still in awe of all of you fellow bloggers who actually make green smoothies... even my mom's come out green, and somehow mine always end up looking like sewage. Oh well, this one tasted great! 
It contained: 1 cup soy milk, 1 cup frozen berries, one banana, one kiwi and two huge handfuls of spinach. 

For lunch I packed MORE greens... a big salad with spring greens, tomatoes, red pepper and broccoli (I added after the pic!) and a big sunshine burger for protein and healthy fats. For dressing I used Annie's Gingerly Viniagrette. Yum! 

The salad was great, but I had my second snack soon after. For snacks I packed some mixed nuts I ate in the morning, and some grapes for the afternoon. 

I stopped at Starbucks after work and got Danielle and myself our favorite drink- iced soy caramel macchiatos! 

It was a wonderful treat =) 
So was visiting Danielle and Matt, who I hung out with for about an hour after work. 

Then I came home and made a delicious dinner, if I do say so myself!

I made fish "tacoritos"... basically a cross between a taco and a burrito! I used some left over frozen flounder I cooked in EVOO,  with fresh lime juice, salt and pepper, black beans, mango, TJ's lime habanero salsa (YUM but SPICY!) and some reduced fat mexican cheese. 

On the side I sauteed some zucchini and squash in a Chipotle Lime seasoning with EVOO and garlic. 

I also ate a few more pieces of zucchini raw and some more mango! Yum!


Early to bed again, tomorrow is my last day at work, and a sleepover with my lovely cousin Sammie!

1 comment:

Rose said...

That burrito sounds good!